75% of all cell phones sold today are smartphones. If you are relying on your web site alone to engage with your membership, you are missing a huge opportunity! Sure, smartphone users can get to your web site, but they prefer using mobile apps…
That's why we created the BCN mobile app, and that's also why we are making private label versions of our BCN mobile app available to membership-based organizations focused on technology, startups, biotech, or any manner of specialized business audiences.
Your Custom Mobile App, Powered by the Business Calendar Network
With a private label mobile app for iPhone and Android phones, you can put your events front-and-center with your membership.
- The app has your name, your logo, and your events. When your members use your branded app, the first thing they see are your events.
- Engage your members with "event check in" so they see who else is at your events, follow Twitter conversations about the event, connect on LinkedIn, and share with their friends and colleagues.
- Event discovery shows other top events and meetings in the area. This will bring your members back to your app, time and time again.
Try Out a Private Label App for Yourself
The Greater Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technology (PACT) recently launched their custom-branded mobile app, powered by the Business Calendar Network. Download it now for iPhone/iPad or Android and see how it works for PACT.
There's a lot of buzz these days about social networking, and we agree that social networking is likely to transform the way we live, work, and interact. We even have a Facebook page, a LinkedIn company profile, and a Twitter profile. You are welcome to like us and follow us.
But when we announced the next generation of our iPhone and Android mobile apps for professional networking this week, we called them the "anti-social networking" apps.
Now, we’re not really anti-social, but relying on social media alone will get you nowhere in business. Face-to-face networking remains a critical skill for anyone looking to build a business or career. That is the whole reason we built the Business Calendar Network (BCN) -- to increase the opportunities for face-to-face networking and make it easy for entrepreneurs and professionals to find the people, resources, and knowledge they need to grow their businesses and their careers.
Version two of our mobile apps is even more focused on better professional networking. The first versions of our app made it possible for people to find events. This next generation helps people manage their business professional networking.
The new apps feature a range of location-based features that enable users to “check into” business and professional networking events, see who else is at the event, and follow the online conversations at the event. The BCN app’s built-in integration with Facebook and Twitter make it easy to interact while at an event, both in-person and online.
The new app was showcased recently at the White House Urban Entrepreneurship Forum, held in Philadelphia, where its new interactive features enabled attendees at the Forum to connect and converse both online and in person.
Other new features in the app include an improved advanced search, where events can be searched by category, location, and keyword. Users can also save searches for later recall, so a favorite searches can be called up and refreshed at any time.
I invite you to download the new app and give it a try today.
The whole idea behind the Basecamp Business Calendar Network (BCN) is to help organizations like yours to become the place people go to find out what tech events, business events, biotech, and startup events are happening all over your region. Drive more qualified, relevant traffic to your website.
We know how difficult and expensive it can be for a busy organization such as yours to build and maintain a regional calendar -- the web development costs, the time spent on research, the time spent on updating the calendar. A regional calendar can be a great resource for your community and a great source of traffic for your web site, but it can be a huge commitment in time and resources. That's why we designed the BCN to make creating a regional calendar simple and inexpensive. It is "set and forget":
- Cost-effective, turnkey event capture – tell us what to look for, and Basecamp Business will keep your Calendar up-to-date, for as little as $500 per year
- Not dependent on other organizations adding their events – Basecamp Business tracks and captures the events, automatically
- White-label mobile app available – people can find events on their iPhone and Android phones using your mobile app
- Sponsorship and custom newsletters available – your logo will appear on every email newsletter and on every BCN Calendar in your region
Stop kidding yourself. Your current “regional calendar” doesn't work.
- You have a "regional calendar" of events, but no one ever adds their events
- You have endless meetings over who owns, builds, and pays for the calendar
- You lose a day every month adding your partners’ events to your web site
- Your “regional calendar” lists only one event in the next 6 months
- Your web person keeps telling you they can “build” you a calendar
Problem Solved. The turnkey Basecamp Business Calendar Network won't put any demands on your time or strain your resources. It WILL make you the Connector in your region. It WILL get the right people in the seats. It WILL promote your events and organization.
Give us a call today. We'll take care of everything. You'll be the benchmark.
You may have seen our recent launch the mobile app version of the Business Calendar Network, allowing entrepreneurs, small business owners, and professionals to use their iPhone, iPad, and Android smartphones to discover business and professional events happening nearby. It’s an entirely new way of doing face-to-face networking.
We’ve had 1000s of downloads already.
We can use your help. People all across the country are going to be downloading the apps and using these apps to look for events they should attend. Here is my question:
What events should people in your area know about?
Please tell us what groups and events we should include. Send us an email with a few names for us to track.
Our goal is to gather the best events for connecting entrepreneurs and the people who can help them start and grow their businesses.
I appreciate your input and invite you to download the apps yourself (for iPhone/iPad or for Android) or learn more about the Business Calendar Network and how you can take advantage of it in your region. Please rate the apps if you like them, and be sure to keep a look out for some of the exciting new features we plan for the next version of the apps.