Admit it. The hardest part about “regional collaboration” is getting everyone to collaborate. Or, getting beyond the talking into taking action.
The case study we released this week, “Using a Calendar to Build a Stronger Regional Cluster,” shows that a single organization, acting alone, can make “collaboration” a reality for their region or industry.
“The need for a centralized calendar of events had been identified some time ago,” said Mike Dailey, Executive Director of the Frederick Innovative Technology Center, Inc. (FITCI) in north central Maryland. “It had been talked about and talked about, but the same questions always came up: who’s going to host it, who’s going to develop it, who’s going to pay for it? It was a great idea, and we knew we should do it, but we never got around to it…
“[The Basecamp Business Calendar Network] was a great opportunity for [FITCI] to pick up on our own and just do it… Had we not known about Basecamp Business, we still wouldn’t have an integrated calendar. You can imagine having 6 different organizations with 6 different webmasters, each with its own priorities of who should be where and how it should look: it was just not going to go anywhere.”
FITCI started using the Calendar, and that inspired the nearby Fort Detrick Business Development Office (FDBDO) to join as well.
“We have about 3 or 4 other partners in the area,” explained Dailey, “and they’re all waiting but we should expect them to be joining us. But the great thing about the Basecamp Business Calendar Network is that we can move ahead without waiting.”
Read more by downloading our new case study on how FITCI, FDBDO, and others in the north central Maryland area use our Calendar to reinforce the sense of integration and collaboration that they have worked so hard to achieve.
The whole idea behind the Basecamp Business Calendar Network (BCN) is to help organizations like yours to become the place people go to find out what tech events, business events, biotech, and startup events are happening all over your region. Drive more qualified, relevant traffic to your website.
We know how difficult and expensive it can be for a busy organization such as yours to build and maintain a regional calendar -- the web development costs, the time spent on research, the time spent on updating the calendar. A regional calendar can be a great resource for your community and a great source of traffic for your web site, but it can be a huge commitment in time and resources. That's why we designed the BCN to make creating a regional calendar simple and inexpensive. It is "set and forget":
- Cost-effective, turnkey event capture – tell us what to look for, and Basecamp Business will keep your Calendar up-to-date, for as little as $500 per year
- Not dependent on other organizations adding their events – Basecamp Business tracks and captures the events, automatically
- White-label mobile app available – people can find events on their iPhone and Android phones using your mobile app
- Sponsorship and custom newsletters available – your logo will appear on every email newsletter and on every BCN Calendar in your region
Stop kidding yourself. Your current “regional calendar” doesn't work.
- You have a "regional calendar" of events, but no one ever adds their events
- You have endless meetings over who owns, builds, and pays for the calendar
- You lose a day every month adding your partners’ events to your web site
- Your “regional calendar” lists only one event in the next 6 months
- Your web person keeps telling you they can “build” you a calendar
Problem Solved. The turnkey Basecamp Business Calendar Network won't put any demands on your time or strain your resources. It WILL make you the Connector in your region. It WILL get the right people in the seats. It WILL promote your events and organization.
Give us a call today. We'll take care of everything. You'll be the benchmark.