Reinventing the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
Basecamp Business was founded by Mel Baiada in 2007 with the goal of improving the efficiency of the entrepreneurial ecosystem. With this purpose in mind, we have created several offerings to enable professionals, entrepreneurs and small businesses attain success.
Our mission is to:
- Promote greater interaction among people and greater sharing of ideas
- Help entrepreneurs find the resources and people they need to start and grow their businesses
- Serve as a connecting point in the creation of new businesses in the region
The tools and information we provide help entrepreneurial businesses and individuals in professional networking and business growth. We also help professional associations, Regional Development Agencies, and advertisers connect to our community of professionals and businesses and embark on mutually rewarding partnerships with them.
Startups Struggle with the Same Questions
Most first-time entrepreneurs are subject matter experts, who know their industry but have no experience in what it takes to start and grow a business. As a result, every startup struggles with the same questions and makes the same mistakes.
As a successful entrepreneur himself and as an advisor and investor with many other startups, Mel Baiada felt the whole process of starting and growing a business was inefficient and set out to reinvent what he called the “entrepreneurial ecosystem.”
His inspiration has led to Basecamp Business, with web-based tools to increase the likelihood of entrepreneurial success and provide entrepreneurs with “just-in-time relevant knowledge.”
It’s Not About the Events
The mission of the Basecamp Business Calendar is three-fold:
- To promote greater interaction among people and greater sharing of ideas
- To help entrepreneurs find the resources and people they need to start and grow their businesses
- To serve as a connecting point in the creation of new businesses in the region
The calendar is not about the events. It is about connecting people, finding resources, and sharing knowledge.